Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful pasta sauce! It goes great with shrimp or chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite cut tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- cooked noodles (I prefer bowtie)
- In skillet, heat together butter and olive oil and saute green onions and garlic.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. Continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat through. Serve over buttered noodles.
Yum! This was very tasty. We served it with your chicken parmerona. I used half the butter to try to cut down the fat content. It was a great compliment to the chicken, and they make yummy leftovers too. I also used dried parsley (about 1/8C) b/c I didn't have fresh available. Thanks!