Recipe by Steve P.
Fantasticly Rich Tasting shrimp Dish in an elegant presentation.
Top Review by Peter Pan
Super easy and really nice presentation. I arranged the shrimps into circle in individual dishes with cooked spinach on top. My friends were so impressed, they thought I had secretly attended culinary school or dating a gourmet cook. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb large uncooked shrimp, shelled,deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 5 ounces packagesready-to use fresh spinach leaves, stemmed if desired
- 1 bunch basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Pernod (or other anise-flavored liqueur)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Lightly oil 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Arrange shrimp in prepared plate.
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and green onions and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet.
- Cover and cook until spinach is tender and wilted, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in basil, cheese, hot pepper sauce and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; mix in Pernod.
- Spoon spinach mixture evenly over shrimp.
- Bake until shrimp are just cooked through, approximately 8 minutes.