Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
This is a recipe from Cooking Light. It is 5WW points per serving!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a 13X9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley, lemon juice and pepper.
This is a very good dish to make if you want something with a gourmet flair. It was very easy to make after a hectic day, and we were rewarded with a robust meal. The flavors worked well together, and the feta was a zesty addition. I served this with a crisp green salad, and Garlic Cheese French Bread. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
This is one of the best recipes I've made from Zaar. It was so quick and easy and SO delicious! I halved the recipe as it was just my husband and myself and used 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes. For the feta, I used a package of Athenos feta with basil and tomato that was already crumbled. Absolutely fantastic, I'm going to be doing this again, very soon. Thanks so much for the recipe!
This is a Great recipe! Bold seafood recipe that is anything but bland! Some seafood dishes tend to be on the boring side, this recipe was anything but that. The combination of fresh parsley, feta and lemon are very harmonious! I would have to say, this is one of the best shrimp recipes I've made! You will think so too after you try this!