Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 6 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 2 fluid ounces water
- white pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft and transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and tomato paste and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and water and continue to cook, stirring from time to time, for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of sugar if too acidic.
- Add the prawns/scampi mixing well and cook for several minutes until pink.