Recipe by MsPia
Prosciutto Wrapped Scampi. Preparation time includes 1 hour marinade.
Top Review by -GEORGE-
Very nice flavors. Prepared as written with the following exceptions. For the wine I used a white bordeaux. Since all I had was large shrimp, (16-20 ct) ,that was what I used. I also used toothpicks to hold the prosciutto onto the shrimp, a very nice flavor change from using bacon. I placed all of the shrimp in a baking dish and placed the reserved marinade around the shrimp, cooked as directed. The shrimp cooked up perfectly. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled deveined
- 3 slices prosciutto, each slice cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, wine, olive oil, garlic and crushed pepper in bowl; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler. Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Wrap 1 prosciutto strip around each shrimp. Arrange 3 shrimp in each of 4 shallow broilerproof dishes, tucking ends of prosciutto strips under shrimp. Drizzle 1 tablespoon marinade over shrimp in each dish.
- Broil shrimp about 6 inches from heat source until prosciutto begins to crisp and shrimp are cooked through; watch closely to avoid burning, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.