Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different recipe for scallops based on a Womans Weekly recipe. Recipe times do not allow for marinading time.
- 32 scallops
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 80 g chopped red onions
- 450 g fresh peas
- 60 ml dry white wine
- Combine scallops, oil, garlic and turmeric in a bowl; refrigerate covered for at least 3 hours or overnight. Drain scallops over medium bowl and reserve the marinade.
- Cook scallops in batches in a heated small pan about 2 minutes each side until almost cooked; cover to keep warm.
- Bring reserved marinade to the boil in same pan.
- Serve the scallops with pea purée and drizzle with marinade.
- Pea Purée: Heat butter in medium pan; cook onion stirring until soft.
- Stir in peas cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to the boil and then simmer covered stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Blend or process pea mixture in batches until almost smooth.