Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very tasty colorful dish which I adapted from a recipe from Taste of Home Magazine. Shrimp can be substituted for scallops.
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh sliced basil
- 8 ounces spinach noodles
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place scallops and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in a little olive oil, then add tomatoes, salt& pepper.
- Cook until tomato liquid reduces.
- Add basil and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain scallops and pat with paper towels until dry.
- Lightly salt and pepper scallops coat with flour.
- In large skillet, cook scallops in olive oil until opaque, about 4 minutes, then add tomato sauce.
- Drain noodles and toss with scallops.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was a delicious, light, and colorful dish. I loved all of the fresh flavors. Thanks for posting, Marie!