Recipe by English_Rose
A herby, garlicky dressing works well with juicy sea-fresh scallops in this tempting appetizer.
For the sauce
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 tomatoes, on the vine, finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 7⁄8 cup olive oil
For the scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 scallops, roe removed, off the shell
- 4 lemon wedges
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper, and fry for 2 minutes on each side until they're tinged golden.
- Place the scallops on warmed plates and spoon over the sauce. Serve straight away with lemon wedges on the side.