Recipe by PaulaG
This dish is for the true garlic lover. Roasting garlic brings out the sweetness. The recipe is from summer 2006 Sabroso magazine. Serve these with a side of steamed rice or pasta and crusty bread. Please note: The amount of scallops have been adjusted based on Parsley's review.
- 8 -12 large sea scallops
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- white pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the sauce by tossing the garlic cloves with olive oil and place on a square of aluminum foil.
- Fold the foil to form a package and roast place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the garlic to cool slightly, careful open package and transfer the garlic cloves to a medium saucepan.
- Stir in cider vinegar and bring to a simmer, mashing the cloves with the back of a spoon.
- As the vinegar evaporates, a paste will form, to the garlic paste stir in the heavy cream and simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat to blend flavors, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the scallops, rinse and dry with paper towels.
- Dust the top side of the scallops with paprika.
- In a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil, place the top side of the scallops down and sauté until crispy on top and lightly firm to the touch.
- Place scallops on serving plate and drizzle garlic sauce over.