Recipe by graffeetee
If you have pesto on hand, this is a snap to put together. This tastes "fawncy", like you worked harder than you did! Serve with bread or rice to sop up the extra sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce, preferably homemade
- 1 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon Pernod (or other anise liqueur)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops
- extra virgin olive oil, for sauteeing
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all ingredients except the scallops and evoo.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and brush with evoo.
- Sautee the scallops over high heat until lightly browned, turning once.
- Pour some of the sauce over the scallops and serve the rest at the table.