Recipe by Bergy
Simple but tasty dish. I recommend using all of the garlic but you can cut back if you wish. Goes well with pasta or rice
Top Review by Milla
very lovely recipe, the soaking of the scallops in milk beforehand really adds to their flavor. i added some zucchini to the saute and piled high the garlic. also added some salt and lots of pepper at the end of cooking time. will definitely be cooking my scallops this way again.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash sherry wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover Scallops in a bowl with milk, rest them for 10 minutes (don't leave them much longer than this).
- Drain well and coat with flour, shake off excess flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add half the garlic cook a few seconds.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and remaining garlic.
- Stir constantly until done, mushrooms should be tender but not overcooked.
- Add scallops and lemon juice, cook 2-3 minutes (do not over cook).
- Remove scallops etc and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with a dash of sherry.
- Pour over scallops and serve.