Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple but tasty dish. I recommend using all of the garlic but you can cut back if you wish. Goes well with pasta or rice
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash sherry wine (optional)
- Cover Scallops in a bowl with milk, rest them for 10 minutes (don't leave them much longer than this).
- Drain well and coat with flour, shake off excess flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add half the garlic cook a few seconds.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and remaining garlic.
- Stir constantly until done, mushrooms should be tender but not overcooked.
- Add scallops and lemon juice, cook 2-3 minutes (do not over cook).
- Remove scallops etc and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with a dash of sherry.
- Pour over scallops and serve.
very lovely recipe, the soaking of the scallops in milk beforehand really adds to their flavor. i added some zucchini to the saute and piled high the garlic. also added some salt and lots of pepper at the end of cooking time. will definitely be cooking my scallops this way again.
I usually make this recipe with scallops but last night I made it with prawns (the large green prawns) and it was delicious. Next time I'll mix scallops & prawns. I usually up the garlic too and cut wau back on the butter
I had never cooked scallops and this turned into a catastrophe. It was partly my fault because I don't think my skillet was large enough because the breading on the scallops stayed mushy. The flavor had a nice taste, but it was unevenly flavored and overpowered by the mushiness of the wet doughy flour. I would probably try this again without the flour because the flavor was nice. Also-you may want have all ingredients set up and ready because once you begin making this you are pushed for the next step. It is a very fast recipe.