Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in a Healthy Ideas magazine from my local GIANT food store. I am posting for safe keeping and I will update with my comments after I make it.
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 lb sea scallops
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup scallion, sliced thinly
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook couscous according to package directions, eliminating butter and salt.
- Melt half of the butter in a non-stick pan over Medium-High heat.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season to taste with pepper.
- Add half of the scallops to the pan, cooking until opaque throughout and golden brown on the surfaces, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove scallops, cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter, cook the rest of the scallops and remove.
- Add orange juice to the pan and cook until reduced by about half.
- To serve, divide couscous among four plates.
- Pour orange juice equally over couscous on each plate.
- Top with scallops and garnish with orange segments and scallions.