Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Broiled giant scallops with delicate lime mayonnaise and a touch of chile. Delicious winter (use frozen scallops) or summer. Serve with barbecue-roast veges.
- 8 large scallops (fresh or thawed frozen)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise (e.g. Western Family)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- Mix mayonnaise, lime and chili pepper in small bowl.
- Pat dry the scallops, salt and pepper to taste, then grill on high for 3 mins a side or until done.
- In the meantime, grill vegetables (onions, red bell peppers and asparagus stir-fried with olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning go well).
- Serve with a dollop of lime mayonnaise on each scallop. Garnish with a light sprinkle of chili powder.