Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Atkins for Life Cookbook. Posted for safekeeping. Be careful not to overcook the scallops, as they can become rubbery and chewy.
- 2 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 Tbs butter in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Transfer spinach to platter and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat. Add remaining butter. When butter is melted, and just begins to sizzle, add half the scallops and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Carefully add lemon juice to pan, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat, stir in chives and zest.
- Pour over scallops and spinach and serve.
Very good recipe, smelled amazing and had wonderful flavor! Thank you.
This recipe was great. A mild garlic flavoring was absorbed into the spinach during its 'wilting'. The lemon sauce was tangy and light and the incorporated taste into the spinach & scallops was pleasing. I used "Smart Balance" instead of butter without sacrificing anything in taste I believe.