Recipe by Vino Girl
This is so quick to make, with a lot of flavor. I only made half the scallops (to serve two) but kept the sauce amount the same so it could also go over steamed asparagus and rice. I suggest skipping the salt - the capers and chicken broth are salty enough. From Woman's Day 3/6/07
Top Review by cmdenson
This recipe was fabulous! The sauce is light, just enough flavor to enhance the scallops, yet not overwhelm. I made this with arborio rice...the sauce drizzled over the rice was great too. I highly recommend it, and will make again.
I did not add the salt as recommended by the author. The capers and chicken broth were sufficient in providing enough flavor.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped if they are large
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir broth, capers, cornstarch, garlic, zest, juice, salt and pepper until cornstarch dissolves.
- Melt 2 tsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add scallops and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning once, or until they are golden and cooked through.
- Remove scallops to a plate.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in 1 tsp butter and parsley.
- Pour over scallops.