1 hr 15 mins
I love scallops! Serve these as a nice first course or a light main dish. The cook time does not take into account that some things can be done simultaneously.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add leeks and 2 tablespoons water.
- 3Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until leeks are tender, stirring now and then.
- 4Season and set aside.
- 5Can be made a day in advance.
- 6Cover and refrigerate.
- 7In a large saucepan, boil vermouth, shallots, lemon juice,and thyme 25 minutes, or until reduced to 1 cup.
- 8Strain sauce and set aside.
- 9Season scallops.
- 10In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute scallops about 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 11Keep warm.
- 12In a skillet over medium heat, rewarm the leek mixture, stirring now and then.
- 13Bring the sauce to a simmer, gradually add the 1/2 c butter a piece or two at a time, whisking until melted.
- 14Remove from heat and season.
- 15Spoon leek mixture onto plates.
- 16Spoon warm scallops onto leeks.
- 17Drizzle sauce over scallops and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops with Leeks and Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 678.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs