1/5 Photos of Scallops With Ginger
The scallops are seared before they are poached over hot water. The secret of this recipe is the making of the scallops with a few further ingredients to complement the flavour of the scallops. A wonderful and easy to make chinese appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the dipping mix soya sauce and sherry in a bowl.
- 2Sprinkle scallops with a little pepper.
- 3Divide the green onion in white and green part. Cut both in very fine stripes. Cut ginger in very fine stripes.
- 4Heat oil in a pan over high heat. The oil should be very hot (near the smoke point).
- 5Put scallops into the pan an sear for about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from heat.
- 6Put scallops (seared side up) into the dipping and drizzle some dipping on top. Sprinkle ginger and the white part of the green onion over them.
- 7Place a steamer basket in a suited pot and fill in just enough water, that it will not reach the steamer basket. Bring water to a boil.
- 8Place scallops with onions and ginger on little pieces of parchment paper and put onto the steamer basket. Cover pot with lid and steam scallops for 5 minutes.
- 9Take scallops out of the steamer and serve hot with onions and ginger on top and the dipping sauce. Sprinkle with stripes of green onions (green part).
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops With Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 680.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: