Prep 4 mins
Cook 4 mins
From the Weight Watcher's in 20 Minutes Cookbook. As I am trying to get back to weight,eat healthy, and make foods family will enjoy I came across this cookbook and the recipes are very simple, 20 minute meals, and easy to keep on track with. This is a super delightful recipe in 3 steps. and less than 10 minutes! WW pts.4 Serving size 5 scallops
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sea scallops
- Spray the rack of a broiler pan with nonstick spray and preheat the broiler.
- Combine all ingredients except scallops in a large bowl then add the scallops and toss to cover.
- Place the scallops on the broiler rack in a single layer and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Broil 4 inches from the heat until golden brown, about 4 min., (do NOT turn).
This is a super easy dish to prepare. I felt it lacked a little seasoning so added a little Old Bay Seasoning. I got to use parsley from my garden. Nice way to make scallops.
Very tasty! One thing I couldn't bring myself to do was combine the melted butter with the breadcrumbs because I think it would have made it too hard to coat the scallops evenly, instead I melted the butter along with the garlic and tossed the mix around with the scallops, then dipped in the breadcrumbs. It was much enjoyed over a bed of couscous.