Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Scallops with Fresh Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallops, soy sauce, red pepper, and garlic to skillet and cook for 4 minutes until scallops are opaque, stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple, basil, ginger; stir well.
- Combine water and corn starch and add to skillet.
- Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice, garnished with basil sprigs.
Sweet, almost a caramel/ginger flavour with lots of heat, YUM!!! I had to use dried basil but other than that made it exactly as written. Super delicious! I wanted to use them as an appetizer so i served them on small pieces of toasted rye bread, a great combination. Just made half a recipe for two of us. The pairing of fresh pineapple, the seasonings and the scallops is so flavourful!! I will be making these again, probably over the holidays, thanks so much for posting.