Recipe by duonyte
From Woman's Day. Quick and easy, nice with pasta or rice. Use your own pesto or refrigerated pesto sauce from the market. I think this would also make a nice first-course,
Top Review by LindaandMario
This is the first time I've used food.com. Made lots of homemade pesto this summer and wanted to use to make a scallop appetizer to bring for Ch. eve. Found this recipe - it was wonderful! I added a little whole milk (had no cream) and lots of parmesan cheese to the pesto - heated in the micro and placed a spoonful in each serving dish. Sauted lots of garlic in oil and added the scallops for 2 1/2 minutes. Added salt, pepper and paprika. Placed the scallops on the pesto. Delicious! (I used frozen scallops from Costco - defrosted and dried well with a paper towel before frying).
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the scallops 4 minutes until golden and barely opaque in centers. Remove to plate.
- Remove skillet from heat, add pesto and cream and stir quickly to blend.
- Spoon the sauce onto serving plates and top with the scallops.