1/4 Photos of Scallops With Cilantro and Lime (Jack Nicholson)
From a newspaper clipping from Cooking for Jack (Nicholson, the actor) by Tommy Baratta,1996. The blurb before the recipe says "you have to like the tart taste of lime and the pungent flavor of cilantro to enjoy this dish. It's very quick and easy to make."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb sea scallops, muscle on side trimmed and scallops cut in half horizontally
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, sdjust to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 2heat over medium-high and add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- 3Add scallops, scallions, and hot pepper sauce.
- 4Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- 5Add wine and lime juice and continue cooking and stirring 3 minutes or until scallops are just cooked. DO NOT OVERCOOK or scallops will toughen.
- 6Use a slotted spoon to transfer scallops to a platter.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops With Cilantro and Lime (Jack Nicholson)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 19.5 g