Recipe by Oolala
From a newspaper clipping from Cooking for Jack (Nicholson, the actor) by Tommy Baratta,1996. The blurb before the recipe says "you have to like the tart taste of lime and the pungent flavor of cilantro to enjoy this dish. It's very quick and easy to make."
Top Review by Bergy
This is so easy and so tasty. I cooked them for a total of 4 minutes and they were perfect. Love the tang of the lime combined with Cilantro Jack Nicholson has good taste and so do you Oolala for posting this recipe Thanks
- olive oil, cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb sea scallops, muscle on side trimmed and scallops cut in half horizontally
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, sdjust to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- heat over medium-high and add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add scallops, scallions, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Add wine and lime juice and continue cooking and stirring 3 minutes or until scallops are just cooked. DO NOT OVERCOOK or scallops will toughen.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer scallops to a platter.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro and lime slices.