A delicious easy recipe, I prepared this as an appetizer. I used 6 large sea scallops and cut them into quarters. Great tasting sauce!
- Melt 1 tblsp. butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Season scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add scallops to pan and cook quickly approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Do not overcook scallops!
- Remove from pan and set aside, keep warm.
- Add orange juice, zest and chile to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, cook about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and salt, stirring with a whisk until sauce is smooth.
- Serve scallops with sauce, sprinkle with onions.
- Recommend serving with rice and steamed broccoli florets.