Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish goes together very quickly. It's perfect for busy evenings. I've adapted it from a recipe in Everyday Food Magazine.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb frozen sea scallops
- 1⁄2 lb baby greens, wash and dried
- In a large skillet, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided. Stir frequently. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the butter to a small bowl. Stir in pecans and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add half of scallops and cook until browned and opaque in the center. Flip scallops once or twice. They will cook in only a few minutes.
- Divide baby greens among four serving plates. Top with cooked scallops. Spoon butter mixture over scallops.