From Family Circle Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb new potato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops (about 24 scallops)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 cups salad greens (about one 5-ounce container)
- 1In small bowl, whisk together cider vinegar, mustard and shallot. Gradually drizzle in 3 tablespoons olive oil, whisking continuously until dressing is emulsified; set aside until ready to use.
- 2Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add potato slices to boiling water and cook 4 minutes; drain. Cut 1-inch off of bottoms of asparagus; discard. Cut stalks into 2-inch pieces.
- 3Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potato slices to skillet and cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus pieces to skillet and stir to combine. Sprinkle potato mixture with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove asparagus and potatoes to a plate. Very carefully, wipe out hot skillet with tongs and paper towels.
- 4Season scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add half of butter, swirling to coat bottom. Add half of the scallops to the skillet and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook 1 minute on second side, adjusting heat as necessary so butter doesn't burn. Repeat process with remaining butter and scallops.
- 5Toss salad greens with 2 tablespoons prepared dressing and divide among plates. Toss asparagus mixture with remaining dressing and divide among salad plates, then divide scallops among plates and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops With Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 436.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g