Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Shop Rite market pamphlet.
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 3 red bell peppers, can use yellow
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups arugula, torn
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse scallops, pat dry and set aside.
- Slice peppers lengthwise inot 1/2 inch wide strips.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry the sweet pepper strips and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add arugula; stir fry for 30 seconds or until just wilted.
- Divide vegetable mixture among 4 dinner plates. Cover; keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add cream and tomato paste.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add scallops.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove scallops with a slotted spoon; arrange alongside vegetables.
- Return cream mixture to boiling; cook for 1 minute or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring briskly with a whisk.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon cream mixture over scallops.
Hubby and I loved the scallops and sauce with this recipe. The sauteed arugula and red peppers were flavorful and a change of pace from the pasta that usually accompanies our seafood. I served this with crusty roasted garlic baguette to sop up the sauce from the plate, and Hubby practically licked it clean. We will make this again.