Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
All my favorite foods combined in a lovely salad. This will go well with a nice crusty loaf of bread and a chilled bottle of white wine
- 6 scallops
- 8 ounces spinach
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 shallot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tomatoes, vine ripened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pick stems off the spinach leves. Lay scallops on a kitchen towel and pat dry. Cut prosciutto in thin strips. Cut shallot into thin rings. Mince garlic. Put spinach and prosciutto in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat, place scallops in hot pan but do not crowd pan. (do in two batches if necesssary) Sear and allow to caramelize for about 2 minutes. Flip scallops and sear on the other side.
- Remove from pan and set aside, keep warm. Keep pan on the heat and add another 1 tsp of olive oil if necessary, Add garlic, cook for 5 minutes, deglaze with chicken stock, add balsamic vinegar, honey and shallot. Allow to reduce by half.
- Pour hot vinaigrette over spinach and toss to coat all the spinach leaves. This will wilt the leaves slightly. Add a dash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put three scallops in each plate. Place half the spinach salad on each plate.
- Sprinkle the top of each salat with tomato and parmesan cheese.