Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is savory and tangy with just a hint of heat given off by the mustard.
Make and share this Scallops W/ Miso Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese Rice Wine)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup miso water (2 tablespoons miso paste and 2 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1⁄2 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. Swirl in the olive oil. Add the scallops and cook for 1 minutes each side to brown. Remove the scallops from the pan to a plate and tent with tin foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat to medium and to the pan, add the butter, mirin, seasoned rice vinegar, soy sauce, miso water, mustard and water. Stir well and when the sauce begins to bubble, add the browned scallops back into the pan to finish cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallion greens.