Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the DC cookbook of Marny Clifford, wife of Clark Clifford
- 1 cup dry white wine (Fish Eye pinot grigio)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut in quarters
- 1 (3 ounce) canbroiled sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- water, as needed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 crushed garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb fresh alaskan king crabmeat
- 1 cup buttered soft breadcrumbs
- Combine wine, onion, parsley and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; add scallops and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add canned mushrooms with their broth, 2 TBS of the butter and lemon juice.
- Simmer until the butter is melted.
- Drain the scallops and mushrooms, saving the liquid!
- Measure liquid and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Melt remaining butter, blend in flour, add scallop liquid and light cream. Cook over low heat, stirring until thickened and smooth.
- Add garlic, if desired. Add gruyere cheese and pepper. Stir until the cheese melts.
- Stir in scallop-mushroom muxtire, shrimp and crabmeat.
- Heat on medium/ medium-low heat until it's at a serving temperature.
- Turn into a shallow, buttered ovenproof 2-quart casserole (12 x 7 x 2 inches).
- Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and brown under the broiler.
- NOTE: you can substitute a 5-1/2 oz can of shrimp, drained AND a 7 oz can of crabmeat, drained for the fresh seafood -- .