Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Fifty Favorite Casseroles" and is a winner. Simple and delicious!!!
- 1⁄2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together soup, sour cream and wine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until just beginning to bubble (do not boil).
- Set aside.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer in a 9 x 9 x 2 inch greased baking dish.
- Cover with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the croutons.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes until scallops are white and tender.
- Crumbs should be golden brown.
Yes, very simple and very delicious! I added a shake or two of both onion powder & garlic powder. I found that I needed almost 15 minutes to cook the scallops completely, but that's just probably individual oven variation. My kids asked for the larger scallops next time (easier to eat!). I served from the baking dish with a slotted spoon. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!