I got this recipe from Epicurean magazine. It's a delicious way to serve scallops without butter. Perfect when paired with pasta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick skillet large enough to hold the scallops in one layer heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it sear the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and just cooked through.
- 2Transfer the scallops with a slotted spoon to a small platter and keep them warm, covered loosely.
- 3Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and in it cook the garlic over moderate heat, stirring, until it is pale golden.
- 4Add the tomato and the thyme and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5Season the tomato mixture with salt and pepper, spoon it over and around the scallops, and sprinkle the scallops provencale with the basil.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 370.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 39.0 g