Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Epicurean magazine. It's a delicious way to serve scallops without butter. Perfect when paired with pasta
- In a non-stick skillet large enough to hold the scallops in one layer heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it sear the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and just cooked through.
- Transfer the scallops with a slotted spoon to a small platter and keep them warm, covered loosely.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and in it cook the garlic over moderate heat, stirring, until it is pale golden.
- Add the tomato and the thyme and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Season the tomato mixture with salt and pepper, spoon it over and around the scallops, and sprinkle the scallops provencale with the basil.