Recipe by kymgerberich
This has been on my refrigerator FOREVER (or May 1991 whichever comes first). It's from Good Housekeeping and is easy and tasty
- 2 lemons, small
- 1 lb bay scallops or 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze juice from 1 lemon; set aside. Thinly slice the other lemon for use as garnish.
- Rinse scallops with running cold water to remove sand from crevices. Pat dry with paper towels. (If using sea scallops, cut each horizontally in half.).
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook scallops, stirring frequently, until opaque. about 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove scallops to warm serving platter. To skillet, add chicken broth, wine, salt, 2 Tbl parsley, and reserved lemon juice; over high heat, heat to boiling. Cook until mixture is reduced by half; spoon over scallops. Garnish with lemon slices and additional chopped parsley.