Recipe by Park Rangerette
Rich, creamy, & super-easy ... does it get better than that? I combined a few different recipes to come up with this and my family loved it; I'll be making it again. I think you could use crab meat if you wanted. Fresh scallops aren't easy to find where I live so I thawed a bag of frozen scallops, rinsed & dried them, and they worked great!
- 1 lb pasta, such as fettuccini
- 1 lb scallops, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the fettucini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add scallops & saute until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the scallops, leaving the liquid and butter on medium-low in the saucepan. Stir in the marscapone cheese & stir constantly as it melts.
- When the cheese is melted, return the scallops to the sauce and set the saucepan off the heat.
- Immediately add the grated parmesan cheese and nutmeg, stirring until smooth. If necessary, thin a little with heavy cream.
- Toss the scallops & sauce with the cooked fetuccini, mixing well. Salt & pepper to taste & serve!