Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmmmmmmm Scallops, soooo goooood!! adapted from cooking light.
Make and share this Scallops- Pan Seared on Linguine With Tomato Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked linguine
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb large scallop
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium frypan, bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Drain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Return wine mixture to frypan.
- Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Stir in tomato, 2 tablespoon cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add linguine; toss well.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick frypan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange scallops in pan, cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add scallops to pasta mixture, toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
This is such a wonderful recipe! I have made this several times and am anxious to try it with some added crab meat. Thanks for posting.
This is so good and also a great low cal supper which is very filling! I doubled the scallops and most of the ingredients but next time I will keep the sauce ingredients the same as indicated but increase the scallops to at least 1 pound to feed four. Thanks for sharing this keeper!