Recipe by Tisme
Served on a bed of rice and or accompanied with a salad, this is a great quick and easy recipe for any scallop lover. Do not overcook the scallops as they will become too tough. If you prefer the sauce thicker, make a paste of cornflour and water and use at the end of the recipe to thicken the sauce.
Top Review by Peter J
Great! The mushroom / sour cream combination was wonderful with the scallops. I used the thickened version using around two teaspoons of cornflour. I kept the seasoning to a fairly moderate amount of freshly cracked black pepper which worked really well.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 750 g scallops
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cornflour, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms and shallots, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Season and add the scallops, sour cream, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes and thicken with cornflour is desired.
- Note~ If you prefer the sauce thicker, make a paste of cornflour and water and use at the end of the recipe to thicken the sauce.