Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with spinach salad and warm crusty bread.
Make and share this Scallops, Mushrooms, and Rice in Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb large scallop, rinsed and drained (and cut those little fin-things off)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°; in a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add in the scallops; stir/saute for 5 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through; transfer to a 2 ½ quart casserole dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Return skillet to medium heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; add in mushrooms, onions, and garlic; stir/saute 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine; boil until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Add in half-and-half, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until blended (taste sauce and adjust to preference).
- Pour sauce over scallops; add in rice and mix well.
- Cover and bake about 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.