Scallops, Mushrooms, and Rice in Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°; in a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add in the scallops; stir/saute for 5 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through; transfer to a 2 ½ quart casserole dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Return skillet to medium heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; add in mushrooms, onions, and garlic; stir/saute 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine; boil until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Add in half-and-half, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until blended (taste sauce and adjust to preference).
- Pour sauce over scallops; add in rice and mix well.
- Cover and bake about 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.