A really lovely dish with a light low fat white sauce that tastes like full fat. I have been posting a lot of these gluten-free recipes as they have been requested. Originally on Notta Pasta site with a bit of tweaking by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 shallots, minced small
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup vermouth or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 8 ounces notta pasta (1/2 a box)
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- toasted almond, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Saute shallots, garlic and mushrooms until almost soft.
- 2Add scallops. Saute until just barely cooked(opaque). Scallops should be tender and NOT RUBBERY. Using a colander, strain the scallop/mushroom mixture, reserving liquid.
- 3Place scallop/mushroom mixture into a bowl. Cover and set aside. Return liquid to skillet.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk flour and vermouth or white wine together until smooth.
- 5Add half & half, salt, pepper, nutmeg, flour/wine mixture and dill(if using) to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer.
- 6Add spinach. Turn off heat.
- 7Prepare Notta Pasta according to package for pasta being careful not to overcook.
- 8Drain and toss with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and add sprinkling of red pepper, if desired.
- 9Pour into your favorite pasta bowl or serving platter.
- 10Add the scallop/mushroom mixture back to spinach sauce and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 11Pour over Notta Pasta and garnish with nuts.
- 12Now serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops, Mushroom and Spinach Notta Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 1261.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: