Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 8 ounces frozen scallops, about 1 1/2 cups (halve or quarter if large)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup grated processed swiss cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Combine wine, water, salt, pepper and instant onion in saucepan; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add scallops and mushrooms; cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops and mushrooms; set aside while preparing sauce.
- Cook stock in pan till reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in another saucepan; stir in flour.
- Stir in stock and milk; cook and stir till mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese, stirring til melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove from heat; add scallops and mushrooms.
- Spoon into two individual baking dishes.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.