Recipe by KauaiCarolAnn
So yummy, easy and a winner even for those who are a little skeptical about scallops. Can be served as your main dish or as a side to perhaps steak or grilled jumbo shrimp (I'll post my recipe for drunken shrimp next). Served over angel hair or rice.
- 8 scallops, large, well cleaned
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml butter
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 59.14 ml red onion, fine chop
- 118.29 ml marsala wine
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, with water to thicken as needed
- 118.29 ml half-and-half (or soy creamer)
- 14.79 ml basil, fresh and rough chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse scallpos very well to insure free & clear of sand. Remove small muscle which attached scallop to shell (it gets tough during cooking). Salt and pepper scallops to taste and start water to boil for pasta or cooking the rice.
- Sear scallops on a high heat in butter and olive oil. Approximately 1 minute each side - no longer, or you will end up with rubbery scallops, we will add them back in later for additional cooking.
- Remove scallops and cover. Reduce heat to medium and sautee the garlic mushrooms and red onions for 3-4 minutes, adding additional olive oil if needed.
- Add marsala wine and simmer to reduce 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle half and half or soy creamer, stir well. Add cornstarch/water if needed for thickening.
- Add scallops back in, sprinkle with fresh basil and simmer low for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or rice.