Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wow! This is decadent! Great for a dinner party...
Make and share this Scallops Lori recipe from Food.com.
- 4 shallots (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb butter (cold, chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- non-stick butter-flavored cooking spray (as needed)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops (dried well)
- 1 lb mushroom (sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 lb spinach (stemmed, chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon (chopped)
- 12 ounces small shaped pasta (cooked, drained)
- Place shallots, wine and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer until reduced by 90%.
- Add cream. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter 1 tablespoons at a time until each is melted, returning briefly to heat as needed.
- Season. Keep warm on the back of the stove.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet coated with non-stick until very hot.
- Sear scallops 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Stir in the sauce, mushrooms, spinach and salmon. Heat until spinach is wilted.
- Toss with pasta. Serve hot.