- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add half the scallops to the pan and cook 1 minute or until browned.
- Turn and cook 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining scallops.
- Wipe out pan, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add wine, scallions and orange zest and cook 2 minutes.
- Add scallops, cook 1 minute remove to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining scallion and orange zest and serve.