Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Scallops delicately flavored with orange zest and white wine. I used an Italian Soave, you can sub with dry vermouth. Recipe from "Food and Wine"
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add half the scallops to the pan and cook 1 minute or until browned.
- Turn and cook 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining scallops.
- Wipe out pan, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add wine, scallions and orange zest and cook 2 minutes.
- Add scallops, cook 1 minute remove to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining scallion and orange zest and serve.
ridiculously easy peasy to make and a great taste to it as well ..
i added a wee bit of fresh parsley and dill
I followed the rcipe as stated and added some of the fresh OJ reduced then poured it over the scallops which was placed on orange slices. Thanks!
yummy! we make scallops a lot but were looking for something a little more interesting - this did it :) i made it w/light margarine, also didn't have any scallions so diced up some onions... but the orange zest really gives it a great zing (i used cara cara orange). or maybe it was just that we started drinking the wine we were using for cooking... :)