Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from The Ark cookbook
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 ounces clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- seasoned bread crumbs, dry
- parmesan cheese
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Dredge scallops lightly in flour.
- Add to skillet scallops, mushrooms, shallots, lemon juice, tobasco, salt and pepper.
- When scallops are heated on one side, turn and add garlic, parsley, clam juice, tomatoes and green onion.
- Blend well.
- Remove to oven proof casserole, sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Place in 450 oven on top rack for about 7 minutes or until top is brown and liquid bubbles.
This made me puke but I loved it anyway. LOL Seriously I apparently have a slight allergy to scallops but I did enjoy this dish depite it making me sick. I like the combo of the scallops with the mushrooms especially, but I am known to be a mushroom freak. This is a lovely, homey kind of seafood dish that I think most would enjoy (even those that swear themselves to be seafood haters -- the poor dears LOL). Good, tasty and classy. Definitely try this.
Mean Chef, I am proud to be the first to rate this recipe. This was wonderful! I did make a couple of small changes but not really of much consequence I am sure. I used only 4 oz. of salted butter, since that is what I had on hand (6 oz. seemed like to much). I also used regular parsley since that is what I had. Next time I will sprinkle much less sparingly with breadcrumbs and more freely with parmesan cheese. I did slide the casserole under the broiler for about 1 minute to brown the top. Thank you for a great recipe to add to my repetoire. Tweeky.