Recipe by Kathy228
This is NOT low fat. I'm sure you can use low fat ingredients, but I've never tried it. The sauce is so satisfying and rich. I use Jarlesberg Swiss, but you can use any type. Recipe from the fish market.
Top Review by Mary K. W.
Excellent recipe! I loved the subtle flavors and the ease of preparation. My only problem was locating the sea scallops. I followed the recipe exactly and we all enjoyed the meal. When I make it next time, I may substitute regular milk for the half-and-half. Definitely a keeper and highly recommend.
- 113.39 g jarlesberg swiss cheese (one cup grated)
- 22.18 ml mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml dried dill
- 14.79 ml onion, grated
- 177.44 ml half-and-half cream (or milk)
- 907.18 g sea scallops
- 44.37 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine cheese, mayo, salt, dill, and grated onion. Add milk and stir well. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, gently saute scallops in butter for 5-6 minutes depending on size of scallops. Remove scallops to a dish and cover with another dish to keep warm.
- Add the cheese mixture to the remaining butter in the saute pan, and over low heat, whisk until smooth and very warm. If too dry, add more milk a little at a time.
- Return scallops to the saute pan and spoon sauce over them; continue warming to your liking. Do not boil at any time.
- Serve with anglehair pasta or rice. I like soba noodles.
- Garnish with dill or parsley leaf if desired.