This is NOT low fat. I'm sure you can use low fat ingredients, but I've never tried it. The sauce is so satisfying and rich. I use Jarlesberg Swiss, but you can use any type. Recipe from the fish market.
- In a medium bowl combine cheese, mayo, salt, dill, and grated onion. Add milk and stir well. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, gently saute scallops in butter for 5-6 minutes depending on size of scallops. Remove scallops to a dish and cover with another dish to keep warm.
- Add the cheese mixture to the remaining butter in the saute pan, and over low heat, whisk until smooth and very warm. If too dry, add more milk a little at a time.
- Return scallops to the saute pan and spoon sauce over them; continue warming to your liking. Do not boil at any time.
- Serve with anglehair pasta or rice. I like soba noodles.
- Garnish with dill or parsley leaf if desired.