Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Recipe to be tried.
- 2 cups bay scallops
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- dry breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Saute scallops in 2 tablespoons butter for not more than 2 minutes, shaking pan to cook on all sides.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper and transfer to 4 buttered scallop shells.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until just golden.
- Stir in flour and then half and half until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sherry, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt; and spoon sauce over scallops.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika; dot with remaining butter and place in oven until just golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.