- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag, mix thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
- Thread scallops on skewers, reserving marinade.
- Grill scallops over medium hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade, until scallops are opaque.