Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious dish. My father made it for me and gave me the recipe several years ago. I'm afraid I'm not sure where he got the recipe, but I believe it was from a chef at an inn in Maine. Like most absolutely fabulous dishes, this is not low fat but definitely worth the indulgence! This is really nice with a long grain rice and wild rice mixture or with nice crusty bread to sop up the sauce. Can be served as an appetizer or a main course.
- 12 large sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup clarified butter
- 1⁄4 cup Pernod
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Flour them heavily, patting away the excess.
- Saute scallops in clarified butter until golden brown.
- Add pernod carefully and flambe. Once flame has gone out add cream.
- Reduce heat and cook until cream thickens and bubbles glisten.
- Stir in chives and serve immediately.
- Note: You may have to remove smaller/thinner scallops to a warm plate while cream sauce thickens, then return them to the pan once sauce has reached desired consistency.
A keeper. Add 1/4 tsp chilli and serve on Linguini.............
We loved this! I added some Shrimp also to it and it was a great entree to serve for xmas day...
Yep - this recipe delivers.
I'm a dunce in the kitchen and normally I'm only allowed to drive the BBQ - but this recipe was dead easy, and OH MY GOD tasty. I'm not sure what whipping cream is so I just used full cream, but everything else to the letter. YUMMO