Recipe by Bone Man
A seafood dish that I like a lot, originally generated by The McIlhenny Family (the folks who make Tabasco Sauce), pre-tweaking. If you are touchy about spicy-hot food, you might want to pass this one by -- on the other hand, this is a super way to prepare fresh scallops if you enjoy spicy seafood as much as I do.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb scallops (bay or sea)
- 3⁄4 cup red chile, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup green chili, julienned
- 1 cup sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the garlic. Sautee for about one minute (garlic should turn light brown).
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the capers. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes until the scallops are done (white) and the vegetables tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the capers, remove from the heat immediately and, serve.