Recipe by Hey Jude
Quick and easy, yet elegant enough for guests. A co-worker gave me this recipe, she got it at a cooking class. Recipe should serve 4, unless it's my husband and I, then it only serves 2
Top Review by karen in tbay
Sorry but this dish was blah! Maybe my scallops overcooked but I know I will not buy scallops anymore in future - stick to the shrimp. Tried to improve by adding some garlic and parmesan cheese. Maybe will try again but use shrimp instead.
- 1 lb scallops, bay or sea,rinse and drained
- 2⁄3 cup wine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill, snipped
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- If using large scallops, cut in half.
- Bring wine, water, salt and pepper to a medium simmer.
- Add scallops and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender and semi opaque; remove with a slotted spoon and reserve liquid.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, blend in flour to make a smooth paste and slowly whisk in reserved liquid, cooking until sauce is smooth, stirring for 2-3 minutes- do not brown.
- Add scallops, heat through, serve hot in patty shells or with rice or pasta.
- Sprinkle with paprika for garnish, or fresh herb mix can be used as garnish.