Recipe by lazyme
This sounds really good. From the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. ETA: I finally made this and liked it. I made 2 appetizer servings, then discovered that my grandson doesn't like scallops, lol. I thought that the first serving I made was a tad bland. So took my grandson's portion and played with it a little bit. I added some gruyere cheese, a little fresh tarragon and a dash of nutmeg and really liked these additions.
- 1 ounce mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 4 ounces scallops, thawed
- 4 ounces cream, sauce (below)
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach fettuccine, cooked al dente
- parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 1 1⁄3 quarts heavy cream
- 1⁄2 ounce lemon juice
- salt and white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté mushroom in butter about 1 minute.
- Add scallops and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes just until flesh is opaque.
- Add cream sauce; bring to simmer and cook 1 minute.
- Arrange well-drained noodles on serving plate and top with creamed scallops.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.
- Cream Sauce:
- Sauté shallots and garlic in butter until transparent.
- Deglaze pan with vermouth.
- Add cream; bring to simmer and reduce by 1/3 or until slightly thickened.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over fettuccini.