Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Scallops in cream sauce
- 1 lb scallops, washed, cut in half if large
- 3 tablespoons flour, for dredging
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fish stock or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb linguine
- Soak scallops in milk for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly with flour.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or saute pan.
- Add butter.
- Add shallots and scallops.
- Turn scallops continually, until golden brown. Remove scallops and cover.
- To residue remaining in skillet, add the broth and vermouth,
- With a wooden spoon, scrape the fond,.
- stir constantly.
- Raise heat to high and heat until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add any scallop juices accumulated on plate. Add cream.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add scallops.
- Add cooked pasta to pan.
- Cook just to heat through.