Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light January 2007
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup champagne or 1⁄2 cup sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
- Stir in Champagne, mustard, salt, and tarragon, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Serve with scallops.
Loved the delicious sauce which tastes buttery and rich without all the fat. It's quite thin and there's lots of it...this is crying out for some noodles to soak it up! Instead of 24 oz scallops/4 oz shitakes I used 16 oz scallops/8 oz baby bellas since I love mushrooms and it was perfect.